Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Early Rain

I awoke to the sound of droplets hitting the earth. It was 2am that morning. I saw rain for the first time in years. You couldn't tell from my face, but I was happy. Then I remembered what had transpired in my world. I remember how none of this was possible. I laughed to myself. I woke up. The skies were red and the world was in ruins. The war had affected everyone. The droplets I heard was the sound of blood as it spilled from one of the settlers in my settlement. It appears we are being raided and for some reason the raiders thought I was dead. Maybe I should have been. I looked like the corpse that lie adjacent to where I was. I arose from my sleep sack and grabbed the rifle out of the dead settler's hands. It looks like he never even got a shot off. In the distance I could hear the screams of other settlers. I grabbed what remaining ammunition was around and set off to the REAL world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer and a young man

A young man sits on his computer staring at his screen. He looks outside the window and sees children playing the streets. He wonders to him...