Monday, April 9, 2018

Drama Scene: Fuse Radio


*Silence fills the air, then suddenly loud music*
Fuse: Welcome to Fuse Radio Station, your only station for miles. Unless some other person managed to fix up another broadcasting station.
*Three hard knocks at the door*
Fuse: Let’s see who that is. Hopefully it isn’t another raider.
*Fuse looks through the door and on the other side is a familiar face.
Fuse: Looks like we might have a drop in guest on today’s show folks.
*Door opens and in walks a young man*
Fuse: Well, well, well. If it isn’t the coffee salesman. I don’t suppose you’re here to say hi to your good old pale Fuse?
*The young man shakes his head slowly while smiling*
Fuse: While I have a talk with my good old friend here, you guys are in for a treat. I found this album while exploring in The Desert. It’s supposed to be some more of that rock and roll stuff that I played earlier. Enjoy!
*Fuse shuts off the microphone and turns to the young man*
Fuse: Take a seat “John”. There’s some coffee brewing on the fire if you want some.
John: No thanks Fuse. I’m just here to talk.
Fuse: So, how is your favorite bartender doing at The Citadel?
John: She’s doing fine.
Fuse: Have you gotten any closer to her since I’ve last seen you two?
John: We aren’t seeking out that kind of relationship. You seem to be doing well out here.
Fuse: Yeah. It’s been great ever since the raiders from the east stopped attacking. I guess ICE has been cleaning them up real good. At least that is what I’ve been hearing as the reason why they stopped frequenting around these parts. What really happened? I know there was an attack reported at ICE headquarters a few days ago.
John: ICE has been hiring some of these raiders to attack settlements and then after a chain of settlements are nearly wiped out, ICE comes in and “saves” everyone.
Fuse: I don’t suppose you’re the one that fucked the “boss” at ICE headquarters?
John: Heh, that “boss” did not die by my hands.
Fuse: I know. Head of security told me what happened. You told him at the moment that you just killed a woman below by dropping a table onto her from the office, but when he looked at the windows, they were all fine and no one was dead below.
John: I must have been seeing things at that moment.
Fuse: I know they aren’t really looking for you right now John, but you damn well know you got the interests of the higher ups, right?
John: That was going to happen regardless whether it was from this event, or from my previous clashes with some of their interest groups in The Desert.
Fuse: You got out alright so far. You even defeated me and my squad.
John: You talk as if me killing your entire squad means nothing. Surely you still hold some animosity towards me?
Fuse: Why would I? You broke me free from their control. I’m sure my squad mates are thankful that they still aren’t slaves to the government.
John: We’ll see in time.
Fuse: I guess we will.
*Fuse gets up and checks the pot of coffee.*
Fuse: It seems that the coffee is about done. You sure you don’t want some?
John: No thank you. I’ve had my fill of coffee today.
Fuse: Alright, more for me then.
John: That reminds me of something. I found these albums during my travels.
*Takes albums from backpack and hands it to Fuse*
Fuse: These albums look peculiar. What is this eurobeat?
John: Upbeat, high pumping classics. You might not like it, but it brings back memories.
Fuse: Thanks for the albums. I think the viewers were getting tired of listening to the same old songs over and over at this point.
John: Are you still looking for your sister?
Fuse: No. I stopped looking for quite some time. I figured that since she is still being controlled that I would run into her if I make enough trouble.
John: Advantages of being the best killer, no?
Fuse: Heh, yeah. I guess I do have that advantage.
John: I don’t suppose you plan to do something drastic anytime soon, do you?
Fuse: I do if you have anything planned.
John: Not yet. I’m thinking of continue my travels selling my beans.
Fuse: I don’t think your travels are going to get any easier. Have you found a companion to travel with you?
John: You damn well know I don’t like traveling with people. I’ve had bad experiences in the past with traveling with some.
Fuse: Is it because you’re afraid that they’ll die in front of you?
John: Not just that, I’m afraid that their problems will become my own or will conflict with other people I know. I rather it just be me traveling and if I come across trouble, it will be up to me to solve it.
Fuse: I’m not the cause of this, am I? I know I’ve killed some of your companions before, but-
John: No, I’m not blaming you. Besides you couldn’t even think for yourself at the time.
Fuse: Speaking of killing, what drove you to come to the ICE headquarters? You usually don’t get attached to anything.
John: I just had enough after awhile. It’s all been building up these past few years. Something just popped in my head. Still, I didn’t let it out yet. Coming to the ICE building was more like being blue balled.
Fuse: Blue balled?
John: Yes. I didn’t get to do anything, but I’m glad that someone beat me to it. I knew that the “boss” was yet another puppet, but in my mind it just felt that I could release myself if I popped that man. All I did by coming to that building was put eyes on myself, although I’m still considered uninvolved by most.
*Violent knocking at the door*
John: Looks like you have guests.
Fuse: It appears I do.
*Looks through peep hole*
Fuse: I don’t know them. Do you?
*John looks through peep hole*
John: No I don’t.
Stranger: I know you’re in there Fuse. I’ve been listening to the broadcast since it started today.
Fuse: What do you need stranger?
Stranger: I’m just a fan of your broadcast and I was hoping to get your autograph.
*Fuse turns to John, John shrugs his shoulders*
Fuse: Alright, I’ll open the door. Give me a moment to get dressed.
*John nods at Fuse and runs upstairs while Fuse slowly opens the door*
Stranger: Aww man, I’m just such a big fan of your work. It’s soooo amazing to hear that noise over the radio!
Fuse: So what did you want me to sign?
*John climbs out of the second story window and hides around the corner from the door*
Stranger: I got it right here. Let me get it.
*The Stranger suddenly makes a quick movement with his hand into his coat pocket*
*The stranger pulls a sawed off shotgun out, but Fuse and John fire their weapons*
John: What a fool. A bandit you think?
Fuse: Let’s see.
*Scavenges body, finds small communicator and destroys it.
Fuse: Maybe. That communicator didn’t look like it was thrown together.
John: I’ve seen that model before. One of the tech companies that resides in The Citadel was making them. I don’t believe that they’ve released them yet.
Fuse: Maybe he stole a shipment?
John: I doubt it. Unless he was ambushing the shipment with a large force, he would have been wiped out. I think that someone gave it to him and was using him as ears and eyes for The Desert.
Fuse: Then why try to kill me coming out here?
John: I’m not the only one that knows your past Fuse and I doubt the government just gave up and let you go.
Fuse: If they knew who I was, then why send this amateur to take me out?
John: Ever since Zero Infinity, they stopped developing human weapons like yourself. A lot of other powers have been on their asses since that time and they haven’t been able to publicly create more soldiers. They might still be making them secretly, but the days of mass development are gone for now.
Fuse: If we’re lucky then this was just a random bandit looking to loot this broadcast station.
John: What do you want to do with the body? Our bullets went clean through and Franks is nearby.
Fuse: You want to give the body to Franks and see if he can salvage anything from him?
John: We only hit his head. The rest of his parts might be good. Besides, there have been a lot of wounded that have been coming to him since these planned raids began.
Fuse: Alright. Let’s wrap him up and put him in a cool place.
John: I’ll call Franks so he can send someone to pick this corpse up.
*John calls Franks as Fuse gets the cooling wraps to cover the body*
John: Franks said he’ll come and pick up the cargo himself. He should be here in a few minutes on his Mark IV Pick-up. In the mean time, let’s make ourselves something to eat. I managed to get myself some fresh beef from one of the farmers I’ve traded with.
Fuse: Fresh? You sure? There aren’t that many farmers that are able to own cattle anymore.
John: Yes, it’s fresh. I was there when he harvested the meat from the cow. I’ll start preparing the meal. You should get back to your broadcast.
Fuse: You’re right. The album just ended.
Fuse: Alright, we’re back. How was that album? Wasn’t it great? I just got a few more albums from a friend. He said it’s something called eurobeat or something.
*Fuse talks about the weather and some stories from The Desert*
Fuse: Alright, that’s all for now. Thanks for tuning in and I’ll see you all tomorrow morning.
*Fuse turns off the broadcast and turns to John*
Fuse: That smells great. What did you use in the seasoning?
John: Curry powder and some spices I got from trading from some Indians on my travels.
Fuse: Curry? What’s curry?
John: We aren’t actually eating curry. We’re just using the spices that go into it to season the meat. Maybe one day if I get the right ingredients we can eat some.
*Someone knocks at the door, Fuse looks through the peep hole*
Fuse: It’s Franks. How are you Franks?
Franks: I’m good, how are you child?
Fuse: I’ve been doing well.
John: Franks, how ya been? I just finished cooking the beef. Let’s eat before you leave.
Franks: As in fresh beef? You lucky son of a bitch. I haven’t had “real” meat in a long time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer and a young man

A young man sits on his computer staring at his screen. He looks outside the window and sees children playing the streets. He wonders to him...