Thursday, March 1, 2018

Experiment 9

A young man sat on his porch. It was a beautiful day. He had just made himself a cup of coffee. He took in the coffee through his noise. The coffee was giving off a strong stench. Every time the coffee would exhale, the young man would breath in the air. "Bean. It's me." A voice said. Bean looked around. There was no one in sight. He shrugged and drank his coffee. "Bean, it's me, your father. Stop drinking me!" A voice said. Bean looked into his cup. The waves on the liquid's surface were still. Bean was sure the voice was coming from the coffee now. "I think I never woke up last night." he said to himself. "No you fool, I'm talking to you from the other world. You used those coffee beans I gave you years back." said the coffee. "The hell did you do? Transfer your soul into some shitty ass coffee beans? These are the worst I ever drank!" said Bean as he stood up. "It's not my fault the coffee is shit. The lady who sold me these infused beans didn't exactly sell them to me for their exquisite taste. Look, just listen to me boy. I don't have much time over here." the coffee said. "Alright, I'll listen. DAD." said Bean as he went inside his house. "Basically, someone fucked up and undid a seal from one of the ancient temples in Quebec. Long story short, dumbass got his body taken over by the soul of a forgotten warlord. He now plans to break the seals from the other temples. I'm currently in the other world so I can't just go back in a short amount of time. Your mother is busy dealing with a case in southeast Asia. You're the only one I could contact that was close by." the coffee said. "Right, by close by you mean a few hundred miles away. Now, who was the dumbass who blew up the only plane I had because he 'shot the wings' off by accident? Oh wait, that was you." Bean responded angrily. "bu-" the coffee said before being interrupted. "No buts. Don't even think about asking me to use a teleportation scroll. I'm dead broke and I don't intend on buying a scroll for some wizard who is probably going to rip me off." Bean said as he opened the door to his room. "I got the transportation covered. The bartender in the next town owed me a few favors. She'll be willing to give you a teleportation scroll." the coffee said as it was being placed down. "Right..." Bean said as he put on his bomber jacket and his gear. "I'm heading out now." he said as he drank the rest of his coffee. The room was then silent. Bean went downstairs and washed his coffee cup. He then went out of his house and began his journey to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer and a young man

A young man sits on his computer staring at his screen. He looks outside the window and sees children playing the streets. He wonders to him...